A long, hot summer
It seemed fitting to close out this HOT summer in flames. Andrea and the wonderful Miss D from I Love Schnauzers shared the Blog on Fire award with Agujas. When I came across I Love Schnauzers, I was hooked. Andrea knits a little bit of everything and makes the cutest doggie sweaters – and Miss D is the perfect model. Thank you Andrea and Miss D for heating up my day!
The rules are to share 8 unusual things about yourself (or your pet) and then share the award with 8 other bloggers who are on fire! Since this honor was bestowed by a line of dog lovers, most of them wrote about their pets, so I will too. My pets have been gone a long time, so this is in memoriam.
- Despite their spirited names, Tequila (terrier-schnauzer mix adopted from the SPCA) and Vodka (blonde pomapoo adopted from friends) only imbibed non-alcoholic beverages.
- Tequila liked his on the rocks. Give him an ice cube and he would slip and slide all over the kitchen floor chasing it until he crunched it all up.
- Tequila was the athletic type – extremely agile and fast. He could jump 2-3 feet into the air like a jackrabbit on steroids.
- Tequila had cat-like qualities. He could jump onto the sofa or bed without making a single sound.
- Vodka was the dreamer. He would follow Tequila faithfully on their romps but was easily distracted. He would give chase to butterflies and then look around in panic when Tequila was out of his line of sight.
- Vodka would nudge his nose under my hand until he was nestled under it so that I could rub his neck.
- Vodka was clumsy. If he ran too fast, his short legs would give way under him and he would run into things.
- They were mischievous. Once I left them in the backyard to get fresh air and sunshine. Apparently, they broke out of the yard and roamed the neighborhood because when I drove up to the house, there they were both sitting at the front door with very guilty looks on their faces.
Here are Tequila (black-bearded fella) and Vodka (blondie). DISCLAIMER: This picture was taken a LONG time ago.
In the spirit of these blog awards, here are 8 blogs that are on fire that I encourage you to visit.
- Grackle and Sun - learn how to use natural dyes for your yarn
- Buscando Comienzos - colorful crochet
- Salty*Mom - fun do-it-yourself projects
- Deep in the Heart of Textiles – knitting and quilts, lots of quilts
- Spinayarnknit – see pictures of traditional Peruvian textiles
- Land of Bread and Honey – ripple crochet afghans and recipes
- Daisey Jayne – loved her hand sewn dresses for little girls
- Big House, Little Prairie – loving life on the farm
And to end summer on an even lovelier note, thanks to Seascapes AUS for sharing the One Lovely Blog award with Agujas. Since this honor was already bestowed, I just want to say thanks and encourage all of you to go see the lovely paintings of the sea.