Like many knitters, I try to take a project along when I’m on the go. I sometimes tote my WIPs around in this bag by Crazy Aunt Purl available at CafePress. It’s roomy with long handles and it’s darn funny.
I recently received this bag and it is now one of my favorites. It was a gift from my sister who also sells them (full disclosure). It’s from a line called Thirty-One Gifts which specializes in home-based sales of monogrammed baskets, bags and other organizational items.
- the colors – there are several patterns to choose from
- the fabric – just wipe it down with a damp cloth
- the size – just right for most WIPs plus a pattern, book or iPad
- the shape – it stands upright on its rectangular base
- the pockets – to store balls of yarn or tools or a water bottle
- the personalization – have your name (or your blog’s) embroidered on it
- the price – mine was a gift but they go for about $30
Here’s a look inside with my current work in progress. You can even spot my red tool bag tucked in there.
I’ve tried many other bags and was never quite satisfied with them – yarn catches on zippers, lack of extra pockets, easily tips over, or not very attractive. So far, these two are my favorites.