ever since my first tentative taps on the keyboard to create this blog, i was never sure where it would take me. i’m not trying to sell anything, i just enjoy knitting and writing and thought it might be fun to share with others. i’ve “met” knitters, crocheters, weavers and other artists from all over the world. i derive pleasure from seeing the wonderful items made by so many hands. i have much for which to give thanks.
it was therefore a treat to learn that agujas was nominated for a couple of awards. so, first of all, muchas gracias to sue at fibercrush and to hannah at not your average crochet for the reader appreciation award.
here are the award questions and answers:
- your favourite colour? purple!
- your favourite animal? scottish terrier
- your favourite non-alcoholic drink? orange juice – so refreshing
- facebook or twitter? both but leaning toward twitter
- your favourite pattern? chunky cables
- getting or giving presents? giving, definitely giving
- your favourite number? 2, something about the symmetry
- your favourite day of the week? friday, nice to wrap up the week
- your favourite flower? burning heart tulips
- what is your passion? travel
now the best part, nominating blogs i appreciate:
- yalotar – an actively engaged citizen of finland, and a crocheter
- grim dreaming – musings from the night shift (now day shift) in dublin
- the solipsist – steve will probably not give a hoot about blog awards, but i’m nominating his blog anyway. witty viewpoints and great pics from an expat in san miguel de allende
- coco j. ginger says – clever prose with a dash of poetry
- while out riding – a photo-story from the back of a bike
- doodlemum – a drawing is worth a thousand words
- victor melendez – a graphic artist
- view from casita colibrí – another expat, this time in oaxaca
p.s. double thanks to hannah at not your average crochet for the dual nomination for the beautiful blogger award.
10 thoughts on “giving thanks”
On the contrary, Verónica, I do give a hoot now. It just never occurred to me that anyone would nominate my blog. Thank you so much. ¡Que amable! Do I answer some questions before passing it along?
Yes! You can cut and paste the ten questions from my post (as I did), delete my answers and add your own. It’s a little corny but nice way to get to know our fellow bloggers. Then nominate blogs that you like. Be sure to tell those bloggers that you’ve nominated them.
Thanks. It means alot to me.
Thank you Verónica! You are so right about Friday 🙂
You are welcome. I like staying in touch with what’s happening in Finland through your eyes.
Congratulations and vielen dank for including my blog! I like the same colour too 🙂
You are most welcome. I’ve always enjoyed your posts.